After School Transportation SpecialistJob #200 Category: General Staff
About the Job:
Working under the supervision of the Community Coordinator, the Van Driver will be responsible for driving children in the after school and summer programs.
The driver may also provide transportation to other locations involved in the daily operation of the MCI programs. The driver ensures compliance with Florida state law regarding the mandatory reporting of child abuse and neglect. This position will perform minor preventative maintenance on the van and maintain records related to the operation/maintenance of the vehicle, mileage and student attendance. Candidates must be able to work with children. Candidates must possess a Chauffeur's License.
- Provide a safe transportation experience for children.
- Provide for the welfare and safety of all children during transportation.
- Pre-transportation inspection of vehicle as out lined in the van/bus log
- Timely update of mileage log
- Work well independently as well as with a staff team
- Upholds guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook of MCI
- Knows the appropriate EAP (emergency action plan) for emergencies and how to properly document any incidents.
- Completes incident and accident reports as required
- Maintain a clean and safe vehicle.
- Proven track record of quality and safe driving
- Hold a Florida Chauffeur’s license
- Poses a valid Florida drivers license/CDL and has a clean driving record
- Possess the ability to write well, analyze and solve problems, communicate effectively, and follow verbal and written instructions
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Take on other tasks as required consistent with the job description
- Must have/or obtain current first aid/CPR certificate
- High School Diploma required
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff
- Ability to relate to diverse populations including those suffering economic hardships.
- Superior time management skills and organizational skills
- Employment eligibility verification
- Successful completion of background screening and drug test
- Ability to provide services various hours, which will include evenings or weekends
- One year or more of related driving experience required.
The Driver may have to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of children and families. The Driver may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational, time, and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour