Florida Certified High School Teacher (Part-Time)Job #201 Category: General Staff
About the Job:
Working under the supervision of the Site Coordinator the Certified Teacher will provide, promote, and enhance the overall mission of MCI by facilitating services that strengthen home/school/community partnerships and alleviate barriers to learning. The Certified Teacher will teach the basics of Science, Math, English and Test Preparation to children in high school. The teacher will actively instruct students, create lesson plans, assist with homework, manage students in the classroom, communicate with parents and help students prepare for standardized testing.
- Teachers are required by to write and execute lesson plans that appeal to all learning styles based on state educational standards.
- Teachers will take the extra time needed to work with students to overcome difficulties; and work with students who have trouble in coursework.
- The teacher is responsible for monitoring the classroom and communicating with parents regarding how the student is performing.
- Plan and implement student-centered lessons based on state standards.
- Create engaging lessons that develop student critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Providing individual support.
- Continually assess student progress toward mastery of standards, collect and track data.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of The Miami Children’s Initiative
- Possess the ability to write well, analyze and solve problems, communicate effectively, and follow verbal and written instructions
- Take on other tasks as required consistent with the job description
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Prepare classroom for class activities
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet student needs
- Actively monitor students in the learning environment
- Use relevant technology to support instruction
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development
- Maintain accurate and complete records and prepare required reports
- Manage student behavior
- Abide by all state and federal mandates in reporting physical abuse and/or neglect
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Florida State teacher certification
- Relevant teaching experience
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing educational programs
- The ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships.
- Ability to understand and relate to diverse populations including those suffering economic hardships.
- Organizational skills with attention to details, superior time management skills.
- Must be computer literate and have basic knowledge of common Microsoft Office applications
- Employment eligibility verification
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Successful completion of background screening
- Ability to provide services various hours, which will include evenings and some weekends
The Certified Teacher may have to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of residents, clients and students. The Certified Teacher may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational, time, and stress management skills to complete the required tasks. Provide resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Range: $20.00 hr.